About the room
Who lives there
3 mixed gender, mixed, non smokers
Fantastic fully furnished room in a friendly, chill sharehouse environment. Located 2 minutes from North Strathfield station, you are able to get to the city in just under 20 minutes via train and Parramata in a similar time. 2 minutes walk from the station and 2 minutes from Aldi, Komart, Fitness First and a plethora of cafes in the other direction. DFO is a good 5 minutes cycle away and so is olympic / bicentenial park. Rhodes is not far off nor is the big Westfields in Burwood.
Currently occupeid by an Argentianian couple (an artist and a plumber) as well as myself (removalist) and my girlfiend(child care worker).
We're currently looking for someone who's cool, easy going, reasonably clean and doesnt mind mowing the lawn every month or so. We're reasonably sociable but we also have a good sense of when people prefer to be more aloof and we're looking for someone who's on the same page.
The backyard is big and is there to be used! If you're the creative type, we encourage you to move here! We have a lot of tools and we're always engaging in projects, fixing things etc. Sometimes we use power tools but 99% of time we're pretty quiet. Please ingnore this if this doesnt apply to you.
If you're vegetarian or vegan, we should share recepies! If you're korean or south american, we should also share recipes! This house is veg friendly but not exclusively vegetarian.
The kitchen is pretty big and you wont have a problem with storing your things or finding utensils or appliances. The stove is gas, has a grill and an oven. We have a rice cooker, microwave, coffee machine (cheap), blender etc. We hand wash everything and wipe down everything after we cook. The bathroom is also big and the shower is very powerful.
The price is $220 a week inc all bills.
The things you get with the place:
- A key
- A big room with a single bed, 2 dressers, a desk, a lamp, fan and a pretty cool swivel chair that you can spin around on if you like.
- Laundry detergent, dish soap (for dishes), toilet paper
- Internet, gas, water (bills), air
- Parking spot on the premises... there's also plenty of unmetered parking nearby and 2 GoGet pods RIGHT next to the house!
- Crazy use of the backyard- No one living in the lounge room (we think that's a plus)
- Cool people who have knowlege in a lot of different areas
- Maybe bananas from the bannana tree (if the bats don't eat them)
- Maybe you can borrow some tools
- A very good place in Sydney that's in many ways in the heart of a lot of things
Other things that are also good to know...
- The m4 onramp is very close by
- You can catch trains to the Blue Mountains from Strathfield station
- We should have NBN pretty sooooon....
- The Goget pods are a toyota yaris (parked outside) and a toyota Hiace (parked 1 block towards aldi)
- Theres very good cafe's.... Korean fooooood.... and Kareoke ... and bowling... and laser tag
- Bin nights are Wednesday
Bond is 2 weeks. Rent is to be paid 2 weeks in advance. 2 Weeks notice to move out. $60 key replacement fee
Listing ID: H19081222481180
Posted on 12 August 2019