About the room
Who lives there
2 mixed gender, from 21 to 50 years old, mixed, outside smokers only
The tenant would have their own large bedroom, fully furnished with queen bed etc (details below), share the main bathroom with female tennant, a 21 year old Uni of Canb student studying a double degree in psychology and business management. Preference is for a female tenant to share bathroom with another female. The main bedroom has its own ensuite so the female residents would have their own private bathroom. Sharing with a mature-aged male scientist (Ecologist) working for a not for profit environmental organisation, and honorary lecturer at ANU Fenner School.
Rent is $285/wk ($1,235/month) for this large furnished bedroom, plus and all the other components of this modern and spacious house and accompanying furnishings, plus all bills (electricity, gas, internet, water & sewerage, house & contents insurance) to be included.
The house is a large 4 bedroom (smallest is my office), 2 bathroom (main with spa-bath, toilet and separate shower for the ladies), with extra toilet downstairs, lounge and dining, and large kitchen, with formal dining and lounge, with a bonus retreat area upstairs. Good sized backyard with 2 paved areas, one is under cover with outdoor table and seating for 8 and BBQ, garden beds, raised veg gardens, garden shed, and compost facility. Although no formal grass area (no need for mowing), and I do all the gardening unless the tenant really wants to get involved. There is a large double lock up garage, although half is taken by my home gym, with my car the other half, and plenty of off-street parking for 6 cars easily and up to 8.
The photos of the house with description below in order of respective attachments:
1. Tenant’s bedroom – comes with relatively new queen sized bed, with brand new pillows (still in original plastic wrap) and micro-cloud mattress topper for extra comfort. Larger than the standard room at 3. 84m*3. 04m with higher than standard ceilings, double wardrobe (1. 9m wide*2. 4m high) with floor to ceiling mirrored doors and heaps of storage for hanging and shelving.
2. Kitchen is large enough for 2 to 3 people to operate at same time, plenty of storage and of course would arrange for your own section in the pantry. Similar for French door refrigerator. I have a 2nd good sized fridge & freezer in the garage for overflow that we can use if required. The kitchen has a new inverter microwave, plus the usual modern equipment; dishwasher, large gas stove & electric oven, plenty of plates, bowls, pots & pans, cups/glasses, bowls, utensils, slow cooker, toaster, kettle etc etc.
3. Kitchen again (high ceilings), note there are stools around the end of the kitchen bench this is where we mostly eat.
4. Dining – the table setting in this photo was previous tenants, the usual table is round and 6-seater for entertaining larger numbers – you will see that table in a later photo and is currently back in this location
5. Lounge (6m*5m with very high ceiling) with LED HD projector screen (approx. 3. 5m*1. 5m), with 3 seater recliner lounge and 2 single rocking/recliner lounge chairs – one is missing from the photo.
6. Main bathroom (shared with female tenant) with separate shower to the left, and toilet to the right, and spa bath in middle. Plenty of storage area for two people (under sink – 2 cupboards and 3 drawers, and additional storage cabinet as seen in photo) to utilise and keep personal effects.
7. Upstairs landing and retreat area (note the lounge pictured was previous tenant’s and has gone), I’m planning to replace with something similar, and/or set up a sit-to-stand desk along the wall where the lounge is facing – still trying to decide how to set up the house, and in context of potential tenant and their needs
8. Outdoor area with BBQ with undercover area of approx. 7*6m, with large table and seating for 8 people
9. Outdoor area looking back at shed and compost facility hidden behind screen to far back left, vege gardens in the foreground
10. Rear yard looking back at rear deck and raised veg gardens, and side garden bed, all reticulated on program. I effectively manage the gardens and raised veg beds, but I don’t mind if tenant is inclined to be involved.
11. Front street view
12. Formal lounge area (high ceiling) – note all this furniture was previous tenant’s is now gone, and now has a large bookcase against the wall to far left and some stools for seating.
13. Formal dining area – this is the table and chairs now back in the regular dining area. Currently this area now has my display cabinets, stereo cabinets with records and record player, speakers etc. Where you see a wine cabinet to the left (previous tenant’s) is currently where student has her large sit to stand desk
14. No photo for downstairs toilet and large laundry that has a brand new front loader (8kg) washing machine, many storage cabinets, ducted vacuum, steam mop and other cleaning materials/tools. The house does have security alarm system with movement sensor, but I have to admit I have not bothered to use it mainly because the previous owner wasn’t able to tell us the code 😊 and we have such a safe and quiet street.
The house provides a high level of comfort (zoned and ducted RC AC and plantation blinds), practical layout, retreat/study/work areas where required, lovely outdoor areas to enjoy the quiet neighbourhood and the birds that come to enjoy the many native plants. The property has NBN 50 connected with unlimited meterage through IiNet, and should easily accommodate all residents internet needs. We could establish a secondary sitting area and tv viewing area so that others can have options to be in the main living area or watch something else if desired in another sitting room. The house has a number of areas that can be adapted to suit the occupiers of the property.
The current tenants are professional and studious, respectful of others and LGBTIQ, and are quiet and friendly, open to good conversation and yet respect privacy of each other. There would be an expectation to assist with cleaning the house on a regular basis (weekly preferably, or fortnightly at least), ensuring communal areas are kept reasonably tidy and clean ie following making meals & eating, clean up and clear away. A level of privacy and decency is provided to all living in the house – we are all equal adults, we are open to having friends over, dinner parties (although this happens on rare occasions) and open to include each other, or allowing for privacy of others to do so with enough warning to allow privacy as required. We hope to share this house with an honest, good natured, clean and tidy person who pays rent on time.
The room is available to rent by end of this month and I will be advertising more broadly. I trust this information outlines we’re a professional, studious and pretty cool pair of people to live with, lovely house with most of the amenities you could need. The house is in a great neighbourhood, access to plenty of facilities (Belconnen Mall & Fresh Food Markets, restaurants, cinemas), bus stops, GIO stadium (15mins walk), and relative ease to get into Civic/City, ANU, UC, botanic gardens and many other great places.
Listing ID: H1905267149973
Posted on 26 May 2019